Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lapband Surgery, Is It For You?

If you are overweight, or even obese, chances are you have considered lap-band surgery. A couple of the lap-band procedure requirements are that you are at least 18 years old, and that you are ate least 100 lbs. overweight, or your BMI is 40 or higher (35 if you have one or more obesity related health conditions.

I understand where people are coming from who are considering the procedure. I am considered obese, since I have more than 50 lbs to lose to achieve my ideal healthy weight. I am not a candidate for this procedure since I am not at least 100 lbs overweight, and my BMI is 29.5.

I don’t like to admit all the above information, but it is the truth… I have tried about every diet you could think of, and so far nothing is working. I go to the gym at least 3 times per week for at least 30 minutes each. I also work out at home with a home system. For a week I would average at least 3 hours worth of exercise.

My problem is I love to eat, I love food. I am addicted to it. I am seriously considering hypnosis this time!

If you are considering the procedure, consider a jacksonville lap-band doctor, especially if you live in Jacksonville, Fl. It is worth looking into the Journeylite program. The surgeons there do nothing but lap-band procedures, all as laparoscopic procedures, not as an open surgery.

For more information about the lap-band procedure and Journeylite, please click the link above in the post!



0 comments: