Sunday, March 8, 2009

Janitorial Job Gets 700 Applicants

A janitorial position for a school in Ohio has received 700 applications. They have extended their deadline to accomodate the overwhelming response.

I guess this is a sign of our times right now. Not that there is anything wrong with a janitorial position, but most people wouldn't be applying to this. Now in today's day and age, where most major corporations are laying off their workers, and closing their doors, we need to take what we can get.

This position pays more than the position that I hold as a pharmacy technician. They pay $15-16 per hour plus benefits. In my opinion that is a pretty good job!

Source >>> Fox News

2 comments:

Hall Monitor said...

This story made http://detentionslip.org ! Check it out for all the crazy headlines from our schools.

PS- I like the crisp feel of your site.

K.M. George said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments! I am so glad I wasn't the only one interested in this story!