Sunday, March 29, 2009

What Do You Love About Art?

I have always been a lover of the fine arts. My uncle was an artist, whom loved to paint, and my grandmother is also. She loves to sculpt, and make stained glass. I used to love to go over to her house when I was younger and watch her create all these beautiful pieces of stained glass. I finally found my niche in junior high, with oil colors. I absolutely love impressionism and Monet. This is what drew me to Elena Bond at Paragon Fine Art, an online artists gallery.

Elena’s technique and pieces are very reminiscent of Monet, and his paintings. Now to get back to my grandmother. She had always wanted to try glass blowing and sculpture, but never has. This is why my eye was caught by Dino Rosin. He is a phenomenal glass sculptor! I have been wanting to take my daughter to Corning, to see the Corning Museum of Glass. We are very fortunate because it is only a couple hour ride for us, maybe, just maybe, we would be able to catch Dino when he is appearing there!

1 comments:

Shirley Anderson said...

This Paragon place sounds like something that I'd love to see! Wish I lived closer....